Earth, the Environment, & Emergency Response: An Earth Day Webinar
World Hope International Webinar Series – 2019
11:00 am ET on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
In celebration Earth Day, join World Hope International, Katadyn Group, and Airlink. for a webinar on responsibly responding to global emergencies.
From anticipating increasingly volatile climate conditions and being prepared to handle natural disasters, to responding to
So how do we make sure that our emergency preparedness, relief, and resiliency building are environmentally conscientious?
That’s what we will be discussing in this webinar – as well as discussing the roles that members of civil society can play in emergency relief.
This discussion will cover:
- Creating sustainable emergency response plans
- Immediate challenges and the importance of clean water and sanitation
- The impact of single-use plastics on the environment short and long-term in disaster response
- Alternative clean water solutions in emergency response
- The roles for civil society in emergencies & best practices
- Building effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly resiliency initiatives
There will be a time for Q&A at the end of the webinar, and a recording will be available online following the event for anyone unable to view the webinar live
Former CEO & President, World Hope International
Humanitarian Programs Director, Airlink
Tanya Renea Nace
Executive Director of World Hope International Canada
AN ORGANIZATION YOU CAN TRUST.
Spending of World Hope International (Canada) funds is confined to Board approved projects. Funds designated towards a project are used as designated, with the understanding that when the need for that project has been met or cannot be completed for reasons determined by the Board, the remaining funds designated will be used where needed most.